Essential Eligibility Criteria For Camp
The Staff at MCBC understand that sending your child to an overnight camp can be a hard decision, especially if overnight camping is entirely new to your young person. It is our desire to partner with parents and to work together to determine if the Camp program will be a positive experience and is suitable for your child prior to their enrollment. Please review the following essential eligibility criteria to help guide you in your decision about whether our camp is appropriate for your young person. Please note, these criteria are not meant to be exclusionary but to help you make an accurate, objective assessment when deciding if your young person’s abilities are a good fit for camp.
- Safe participation in MCBC requires certain physical, mental, emotional, and social health abilities, and we are therefore limited in the types of accommodations we are able to provide
- It is our desire to partner with parents and to work together to determine if the Camp program will be a positive experience and is suitable for your child prior to their enrollment
- As each child’s ability to participate is unique, decisions to accept a participant are made on an individual basis. As such, we request that parents contact the camp prior to enrolling their child.
- Participants must be in good health, physically and emotionally, and have the ability to participate as part of a supportive community in a socially healthy way
- Participants must be in good mental, emotional, and social health and be able to function in a group setting in a positive and cooperative manner that displays tolerance and respect for self and others.
- Participants must be able to interact responsibly in a group and work together as part of a team.
- Participants should have the emotional maturity to handle the sleep-away-from-home aspects of the camp program, including living independently in a group setting and taking care of their own personal needs.
- Participants must be able and willing to follow all instructions and refrain from behaviors that pose a risk to self or others.
- Participants are expected to contribute to a safe learning environment, using respectful language and appropriate physical behavior.
2022 Camp Dates Announced: Sunday, July 31 - Sunday, August 7
- If you are applying for a CAMPER, (between the ages of 6 and 17), applications are currently open on our online registration portal, CampDoc.
- On a case by case basis, 5-year-old campers are allowed. If you have a child who is age 5 who may be appropriate for camp, please contact the office at 314-939-1550.
- If you wish to provide initial information regarding a potential camper, please complete this general release form.
- If you would like to attend camp please fill out a paper application or the call the office at 314-939-1550.
- Camper Applications are due no later than June 30th, 2022.