Returning to school or work is often a big adjustment for a burn survivor. BRSG understands this process.
Our staff works with the burn survivor to ease the transition back to school or work by educating classmates, teachers, and co-workers about the issues burn survivors face.
We are available to:
- Create a supportive and accepting work or classroom environment for the burn survivor.
- Provide education about burn injuries.
- Give classmates and co-workers the opportunity to ask questions about burn injuries and express their fears and concerns.
- Intervene when a burn survivor is experiencing teasing, stares, and other negative reactions from classmates or co-workers.
- Offer practical tips for how to respond to stares and comments.
Burns Recovered provides school/work re-entry presentations while the burn-injured patient is in the hospital to help others have a better understanding of what the patient is going through. We can also provide support when it is time for the survivor to return to school/work.
For more information or to request a speaker, please complete the form below: