Burns Recovered Scholarship Program
Purpose of Scholarship Program
To provide support to burn survivors, teens and adults, who have an affiliation with the Burns Recovered and need financial aid to pursue education after high school or need to be retrained as a result of their burn injuries.
Qualifications to be considered:
- A burn survivor 17 years of age or older
- Has attended Midwest Children’s Burn Camp (MCBC) and/or has participated with BRSG programs or services as an adult
- Must have applied and been accepted to an accredited institution of the following:
- two year college (Jr. College)
- 4 year college (University)
- trade school or other training program approved by the BRSG Board of Directors
- Each year scholarship(s) will be awarded for the year (August to August).
- The BRSG Board of Directors will evaluate and determine which applicants are most in need of the scholarship.
- Each year applicants must reapply and, if a previous scholarship recipient, provide proof of minimum GPA of 2.0 for entire term the scholarship was awarded and completion of the entire term
- The application period is from April 1 to May 15.
- The successful applicant(s) will be notified by June 15
HOW TO APPLY
- A “Scholarship Application Form” must be completed
- Two letters of recommendation from a teacher, counselor or youth advisor addressing the question “Why you would be deserving of and in need of a scholarship” You may not use a letter of recommendation from a parent, guardian or grandparent. Your letters must be from two different individuals.
- A one-page essay by the applicant describing 1) Your educational goals 2) Your plan on accomplishing these goals
- A headshot appropriate for publication on a website, newsletter, etc.
- If you are a previous scholarship recipient, you must provide proof of a minimum GPA of 2.0 for entire term the scholarship was awarded and proof of completion of a one-year termMail the above items to Burns Recovered, 6220 South Lindbergh Blvd., Suite 203, St. Louis, MO 63123
- Scholarship values are determined annually by the BRSG Board of Directors.
- The scholarship money can only be used for tuition and or school supplies (book, required materials, or classroom fees).
- Disbursement will be made directly to the school/training facility on behalf of the successful applicant. Under no circumstances will funding be directly distributed to the applicant.