Burn Survivor Assistance
At Burns Recovered Support Group, we know what you are going through. Many of the problems and feelings that you are currently facing as a burn survivor, either at home or in the hospital, we have experienced too. Most importantly, we want you to know that you are not alone.
We are here to help you in the following ways:
- Share ways to help you cope with your injury. If you are having problems related to your burn injury, such as donor site discomfort, pressure garments or itching, we may have some practical advice.
- Provide emotional support and understanding.
- Let family members know what to expect during the survivor’s time in the hospital and be available to answer their questions. Inform family members about home healthcare and other issues.
- Help alleviate feelings of anxiety and/or fear that are common during the recovery process.
- Ease the transition from hospital to home.
- Ease the transition from home to work or school
Please contact us for additional information.