The Burns Recovered Support Group (BRSG) was established in 1983 by a group of burn survivors with assistance from the burn care team at St. John’s Mercy Medical Center in St. Louis, Missouri. We came together because we felt there was a strong need in the community to help burn survivors and their loved ones during and after hospitalization.
BRSG is a 501(C)3 nonprofit organization. Our board of directors includes members from the burn survivor community, fire departments, and medical agencies. Services and programs provided by BRSG are funded by private and public benefactors, civic organizations, corporate donations, and the annual “Fill the Helmet” campaign.
- Founded the Missouri Children’s Burn CampÂ® in 1997.
- Purchased two Fire Safety Houses for fire departments to use with fire prevention/educational programs throughout the region.
- Donated over $55,000 to burn centers in hospitals throughout Missouri.
- Developed a scholarship fund to assist burn survivors with higher and continuing education.
- Assisted Missouri State Fire Marshal with educational programs for statewide fire departments.
- Sponsored the 1995 World Burn Congress, attended by burn survivors, co-survivors, and medical professionals.
2012 Annual Report is now available for download.
Download our BRSG 990 Public Disclosure