For Burn Survivors
Burns Recovered understands the problems you are facing in the hospital and at home. Our peer support program is here to:
- Share practical solutions we have found as we learned to adjust and cope with our injuries;
- Provide emotional support and emotional understanding;
- Calm the feelings of anxiety or fear you may have during the recovery process;
- Ease the transition from hospital to home, and back to work or school.
- Support each other and have fun together.
Most importantly, we want you to know that you are not alone.
We are here to help. BRSG holds monthly peer support group meetings in St. Louis and Columbia, Missouri. Meetings are open to burn survivors and anyone wanting to learn more about burn recovery.
The St. Louis meetings are held the first Thursday of each month at 6:00 P.M. at Mercy Hospital, 5th floor, in the Burn Center Waiting Room.
The Columbia meetings are held the second Tuesday of each month at 4:00 P.M. at University Hospital in the waiting room of the Burn Center.
In addition to monthly peer support group meetings, individualized peer support is provided to patients and their loved ones, during the in-patient hospital stay, in St. Louis and Columbia. HELP is only as far away as the telephone or email. Don't hesitate to email or call the office and ask for help. We are here to share our experience, strength and hope with you.
We are here to help
Share your Story
The journey of recovering from a burn injury often comes with confusing emotions, hard questions, and physical and emotional pain. As burn survivors, we know that our scars do not define us – yet the stories behind them can offer a powerful path to healing.>> More